Wednesday 18 February 2009

Belted Volume


I'm still loving the floaty, drapey-ness of this blouse, not something I normally go for in tops. Wearing black underneath it today made me realise just how much of an impact the turquoise vest had on the colours when I first wore it here. In my minds eye, the blouse is a much more vivid blue, but thats just the effect of wearing it with turquoise. Wearing it belted, with a black vest underneath, the blue of the top is actually very dark. I never thought I'd be one to wear leggings, a) because they'd be super unflattering on my less than perfect legs, and b) because they just seemed too trendy/faddy for me, popping up all over the bloody place. However, with a blouse like this, I appreciate that a clean line is needed to counteract the volume up top. I am making an effort these days to try different silhouettes than I usually go for, so its only recently that I have found leggings useful. As long as the bum bum is covered, I'm willing to wear the pesky buggers (I realise that I am about 2 or 3 years behind with the whole legging thing). 




Shoes (Kurt Geiger), belt (M&S), blouse (Zara), vest underneath (Topshop), leggings (Topshop). 



1 comment:

E. Abaroa said...

thank you!!!i was living in London for one year one year ago...I loved Office, my favourite shoe shop ever, i still buy shoes in internet in Office!!Selfridges, i ve been just once, too posh and expensive for me hahahahahahaha. English shoes are the best, love them, Aldo, Topshop, Office...hope to get somethign strappy and suede!!!cant wait i arrive tomorrow afternoon ;)I love your last outfit, specially the shirt, u look so good, your legs are endless ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails