Sunday, 26 January 2014

New Hair, Old Dress


Late last year I chopped off a large amount of hair, after much consideration and procrastinating. I just needed a change and wanted to stop damaging my hair with so much straightening and back-combing. You can see my inspiration board over on Pinterest. I wanted to utilise my naturally curly hair for some sort of nonchalant 20's bob.
Back to the outfit, I wore a vintage royal blue velvet dress for Christmas 2013, complimented with gold accessories. The boat-neck, dipped v-back and a-line skirt all make for a very mid-century silhouette, something a bit different for me, but who could resist such gorgeous blue velvet? The belt is a rather interesting addition to my antique belt collection. It's an expanding design made up of a body of interlocking copper springs woven with thread. The back of the buckle is embossed with 'The Martin Patented' which after a bit of googling tells me this particular design was originally used in men's tennis belts, an example of which can be seen here.













Went for a silver theme on the tree this year, got some cute mini violas (or violins?) and some Fabergé egg style baubles.   



6 comments:

Hannah Spanner said...

Your new hairdo suits you to a tee. Love blue velvet dresses so much, yours is gorgeous!

Emnilda said...

Beautiful!

Emnilda said...

PS. You're my style icon. Truly! :D

Emily Ash said...

Such great style. Stunning!

Syed Kazim Ali said...

Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
HotCurrentAffairs

adidas nmd said...

adidas superstar
air yeezy
yeezy shoes
chrome hearts
yeezy boost 350 v2
lacoste outlet
michael kors handbags
atlanta falcons jersey
true religion
michael kors uk

Related Posts with Thumbnails