Monday, 31 May 2010

Purple Haze


I recently had a good 4 or 5 inches chopped off my hair, leaving me with mixed emotions. The ends were pretty ratty and I was way overdue for a trim, but it was those ratty ends that formed the bulk of my signature bouffant, giving me massive hair. I can't imagine life without stupidly big Gibson girl hair! So far I've been too scared to even try and put my hair up...fingers crossed I haven't lost my super-hair-powers.

I'm not in the habit of wearing leggings as trousers, but today's outfit was for a rather long car journey, where comfort was essential and being seen by the general public was minimal. I've had this blouse for a while now and thought it was about time it made a blog appearance. It's rather humongous on me, so belting is necessary, but it is light as air and shall be a delight to wear on a hot summers day. It is kind of fanciful, childlike even, but I love the jewel tones used and the little butterflies appliquéd all over.







Wedges (Pied A Terre), cardigan (Zara), blouse (Anna Sui), black vest [worn underneath] (Topshop), leggings (M&S)



Super new nail varnish. Wish I could find a lipstick this shade of bright purple.



9 comments:

WendyB said...

You have the best talons evah. Go ahead, try the hair, I bet you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Nice legs.

Heather Taylor said...

Your new haircut is so pretty! I love that blouse!

Rosanna said...

such a great top!

www.littlemissdressup.com

lyrebirdgully said...

Hi Ms Harps, i love your hair up. I'm sure you will find a way to do another up style that is just as interesting as the old one.
Re the nail colour: I can see it's a kind of Wisteria Blue, not at all like the purple lipsticks about, which are more pinky. You might be able to get some advice from a theatrical makeup store -- I bet there's a way to put on a lip base, layer over some purple eyeshadow, and then finish with a sealant. Hopefully eyeshadow is no more toxic than lipstick!
oh, and the blouse is so beautiful. Thanks for showing it to us.

Lecon de vetement said...

You hair looks really fresh! I am annoyed by ruined hair ends too, Im trying to be patient and grow my hair really long! and I absolutely love your blouse!!! and the nail polish is soo pretty! Here are some ideas for purple lipstick:

1) shu umera has an actual purple lipstick which I love! so check out that counter at the store. (I have this)

2) this has the prettiest non sheer shade (I have this):

http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/category/lips/products/intense-lipgloss/28/

3)pale grey toned version:
http://www.bestcovery.com/nyx-iced-lavender-lipstick?whybest=4&best=123953

Cassidy said...

your nails are so long , i can never get them that length , i always bite them off hahaha

i simply can't get over how beautiful you are ! loving the hair .

much love <3
http://bisousmonamourrevised.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

Have I ever told you how beautiful purple is on you? Well it is!

And I love how one easily gets to know who and what inspires your style in this blog. Its awesome:)

Cheers dear!

www.mturafashion.blogspot.com

adidas nmd said...

michael kors outlet online
longchamp
true religion outlet
yeezy boost 350
nike air zoom
led shoes
jordan shoes
pandora jewelry
chrome hearts online
cheap jordans

Related Posts with Thumbnails