Saturday 16 September 2017

House of Homps



There's a definite chill in the air now, so what better time to share some snaps/outfits from my holiday to the south of France a few weeks ago? We stayed in a little town on the Canal du Midi called Homps, and enjoyed some fantastic weather, wine and scenery. I spent a lot of time wearing as little as possible, and a lot of time photographing the area rather than myself, hence only two outfits to show (but I can assure you I did wear a colour other than mustard). 






Vintage cover-up, 1920s blouse, ASOS trousers, Topshop sandals, antique belt and jewellery


...............................~~~~~~~~~IIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~~~~~~~...........................


This is me in 'casual mode', wearing treggings (the absolute worst portmanteau), and flat sandals (!) for a day walking around the incredible Abbaye de Fontfroide. The necklace is a 1920s celluloid and French Jet piece I recently got for my birthday; and the star brooch is an Edwardian paste beauty, a stone from which I lost on the morning of our departure meaning I had to reluctantly walk away without finding it 😩 Tracking down the exact shade and size of paste to replace it is going to be a mission, but I can barely look at it now without feeling sad/annoyed.


Zara blouse, Benetton treggings, SixtySeven sandals, vintage and antique jewellery. 


...............................~~~~~~~~~IIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~~~~~~~...........................

Les Halles des Narbonne

Plaque outside Narbonne Cathedral

Gate at the Abbaye de Fontfroide

Ceiling at the Abbey

Another gate at the Abbey

Reassembled stained-glass at the Abbey

The best part of any Abbey- the cloisters

Cloister model facing the real thing

Doing my best tourist pose at the within the cloisters

15th Century painted timber beams at the chateau in Capestang

And lastly shots from the glorious medieval church at Capestang, the Collegiale Saint-Etienne, which was decrepit and lovely with so many details. 











No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails